All the white wines that are on the current list complete with some very lovely waffle.
- The Next Big Thing Chardonnay Barossa Valley 2018 13.5% £20
A classic Aussie style but without too much oak, The balance between vibrant fruit and gentle toasty oak is wonderful. Hipster label too.
- Pewsey Vale Vineyard Riesling Eden Valley 2017 Vg 12.5% £26
Regarded as one of the top new world Riesling producers and rightly so. This mineral, complex and lime fresh wine is a true treat for the senses.
- Sepp Moser Classic ‘Organic’ Gruner Veltliner Niederosterreich 2017 Vg 12.5% £21
Austria makes great white wine, it’s as simple as that. So enjoy the stone fruit flavours with notes of kiwi, pear and white spice that lead to a mineral, elegant finish.
- Emiliana Adobe Reserva ‘Organic’ Sauvignon Blanc Casablanca Valley 2018 Vg 12% £18
Clean, crisp, grassy, citrusy all in all a really rather delicious Sauvignon.
- Emiliana Adobe Reserva ‘Organic’ Gewurztraminer Rapel Valley 2018 Vg 14% £18
The distinctive floral notes of Gewurztraminer are there on the nose but the palate is a little more toned down than its French counterparts. Still a little off dry but without the oily richness of Alsace. An absolute joy.
- Miguel Torres Cordillera Reserva Especial Chardonnay Valle de Limari 2019 Vg 13.5% £23
One of the finest New World Chardonnays around and absolutely stonking value. Cooler climate, a little oak and an amazingly complex palate.
- Cave l’Ormarine Duc de Morny Picpoul de Pinet Piquepoul Blanc Languedoc 2018 Vg 12.5% £19
The sort of wine that perfectly evokes a summer’s afternoon lazing around in the Southern French sunshine. Delicious.
- Chateau de Luc Corbieres Blanc Roussanne & Grenache Blanc Corbieres 2017 Vg 14% £22
Corbieres isn’t known for its white wines so a wine as delicious as this will be completely overlooked. Complex, well balanced, fleshy white with delicate and pretty floral notes at the edges.
- Domaine G. Saumaize Pouilly Fuisse Grande Reserve ‘Maillettes’ Chardonnay Burgundy 2016 Vg 13.5% £36
A lovely rich white Burgundy that wonderfully combines power with elegance. Serious quality.
- Cave de Turckheim Grand Cru Brand Gewurztraminer Alsace 2013 Vg 13% £32
There is more flavour in this bottle than should be legal. Just remember it’s not sweet it’s rich.
- Domaine Bouchie-Chatellier Pouilly-Fume ‘Premier Millesime’ Sauvignon Blanc Loire Valley 2018 Vg 13.5% £33
Crisp herbaceous notes with amazing depth of flavour, this multi award winning wine is simply stunning.
- Domaine Henry Pelle Sancerre ‘La Croix au Garde’ Sauvignon Blanc Loire Valley 2017 Vg 13% £30
Ripe, soft lemon aromas with a round, full palate. Pure and intense.
- Gymnasium Fritz Willi Riesling Mosel 2018 Vg 11% £22
Medium-dry Riesling done perfectly so there is that playful balance between upfront fruit and complex minerality.
- Kovacs Nimrod ‘Dixie’ Chardonnay & Pinot Gris Eger 2017 13.5% £23
The back story to this producer is worth looking up, it’s Hollywood-esque. Whilst doing that you should drink this rich, complex and utterly wonderful white produced from Grand Cru fruit.
- Il Cascinone ‘Fontanino’ Riesling Piemonte 2016 Vg 12% £19
Amazing, utterly amazing wine. There is so much going on here that it will put your tastebuds in a spin. Definitely dry and just layered up with taut, citrus crisp flavours
- Gavi ‘La Battistina’ Cortese Piemonte 2018 Vg 12.5% £21
I’ve always, rather lazily, described this wine as an ‘Italian Chablis’ but it fits so I’m going to just leave it at that.
- San Felice ‘Perolla’ Vermentino & Sauvignon Blanc Toscana 2018 12.5% £21
A delightfully playful white wine from the home of Chianti. Proof that there are great Tuscan white wines too.
- Pra ‘Monte Grande’ Soave Classico Garganega & Trebbiano Veneto 2017 Vg 13% £35
This wine is not what you would expect of Soave, it is far more wow than you could possibly imagine. This is without a shadow of a doubt one of Italy’s very best white wines. Big, rich, complex and more in common with a Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru than with the sort of stuff that appears in an Italian restaurant.
- New Zealand
- Crowded House Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 2019 13% £21
This tastes like you are expecting it to taste so it doesn’t really need a tasting note. It’s just absolutely tickety-boo.
- Vila Nova Alvarinho Vinho Verde 2018 Vg 12.5% £20
So absolutely on point with its fresh, bright acidity but then the wine blossoms on the palate to be more textured and welcoming. Borderline genius.
- Miles Mossop ‘Saskia’ Chenin Blanc & Viognier & Verdelho & Clairette Blanche Coastal Region 2015 14% £30
Miles has 3 children, he makes 3 wines, he’s a lovely chap. This Chenin blend is so complex that it is the wine equivalent of The Count Of Monte Cristo, but more approachable. Rich, wonderful and engages your brain.
- Waterkloof Estate ‘Circumstance’ Sauvignon Blanc Stellenbosch 2019 Vg 13.5% £23
This is quite possibly the best New World Sauvignon Blanc out there. A truly beguiling wine which manages to cross the elegance of Sancerre with the upfront punchiness of Marlborough.
- Bodegas Naia ‘K-Naia’ Verdejo & Sauvignon Blanc Rueda 2018 Vg 13% £20
Pink grapefruit, passion fruit, mandarin and garden herbs, there’s a lot going on in this wine and its balance of racy acidity and juicy texture will have you hooked.
- Bodegas la Val ‘Mas Que 2’ Albarino & Treixadura & Loureiro Rias Baixas 2018 12.5% £22
Crisp citrus from the Albarino, green apple from the Treixadura and a lovely smoky, herbal thing going on from the Loureiro.
- Valenciso Rioja Blanco Viura Rioja 2018 Vg 13.5% £28
A natural wine produced with minimal intervention but a whole lot of love. Elegant, toasty oak with delicate multi-layered fruit, notes of lemon and smoke, nuts and stone fruit. Incredibly complex.
- Wente Estate ‘Morning Fog’ Chardonnay California 2017 Vg 13.5% £26
Yee-ha! Good old-fashioned Chardonnay that isn’t afraid to be exactly what it is. Big and luscious but superbly crafted.